We are pleased to inform you that travel fellowships are available for a selection of students or young researchers presenting and attending ESCS 2016. These travel fellowship are possible due to the kind support of our sponsors.
All participants of ESCS 2016, submitting an abstract (see the Abstract Guidelines), are invited to apply for a travel fellowship. The deadline for submitting an travel application is on 22 July 2016 at 11.59pm in the time zone of your choice. Recipients of a ESCS travel fellowship will be notified on 5 Aug 2016.
Successful applicants will be awarded a travel fellowship to cover parts of their expenses. The award check will be posted to each awardee after the symposium. In order to ensure the correct processing of the award, travel fellowship recipients are required to provide the organisers with copies of relevant receipts (conference registration, travel expenses, hotel) during or shortly after the symposium.
Please note, the ESCS travel fellowship will only cover parts of your expenses. The remaining expenses need to be funded by other sources.
Applying for a travel fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding. If you require a travel fellowship to attend the symposium, do not register before you have been notified that you application has been approved.
These are the requirements to be eligible for a ESCS travel fellowship:
- You will make an oral or poster presentation at ESCS
- You are not a recipient of an ISCB or ECCB travel fellowship
- You are associated with a university or a research institute as a student or Post-doctoral researcher
How to apply
To apply for a ESCS travel fellowship application please use the following link to our submission system. You will need your abstract's reference ID to proceed. Please note that applications are final at the time of submission (no alterations are possible). The following documents (in PDF format only) are required for the application:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the symposium and why you require funding.
- A recommendation letter from your supervisor or somebody else you worked or studied with.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.